Experiences of the Divine Grace of Sri Sathya Sai – By P.V. Krishnamohan


Mookam Karoti Vaachaalam Pangum Langhayate Girim
Yatkrupa Tamaham Vande Paramananda Madhavam

The essence of the above stanza is that with the Grace of the Lord, even the dumb can speak and the lame can scale mountains.

In my life I had the good fortune of experiencing Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s Divine Grace in innumerable ways and in bountiful quantities. What I am today is entirely because of His Grace. 

Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba has clearly stated that the real purpose of His starting a University at Puttaparthi is not to give secular education alone, but to use secular education as a bait to attract students and impart them Higher Learning i.e. spiritual education, and make them ideal personalities. 

Prior to joining the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, I was proud to call myself an atheist, not knowing that as per Bhagawan there is none in this world who is an atheist. My interpretation of an atheist during that time was one who does not pray to God or visit temples. Bhagawan dangled the carrot of the MBA course and drew me into His fold. The two things that attracted me most initially were His Divine Discourses and His melodious poems and Bhajans. Soon I was totally in Love with Him and His teachings. I was wonderstruck by His simple, down to earth explanations of complicated spiritual truths. 

Two years as a student, at the Lotus Feet of Bhagawan have changed my life permanently. I learnt my first spiritual lessons from the Lord Himself. After completing my MBA in 1994 from Prasanthi Nilayam, Divine Grace secured a job for me in Jamshedpur. In Jamshedpur, my association with the most beautiful organisation, the only one of its kind in the world, the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, began.  I started as a Bal Vikas Guru and graduated to become the Convener of the Telco Unit of Jamshedpur Samithi, all because of His Divine Grace. My only qualification for becoming a Bal Vikas Guru was being a student of Bhagawan for two years. 

In the last 10 years, I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment as a Bal Vikas Guru. During this period I recall the following experiences where Bhagawan, by His inscrutable ways taught me how He uses each one of us as an instrument in His Divine Mission, and in the process we learn lessons which we can never forget in our lives. 

1. Bhagawan has brought about a transformation in a joint family that never knew about Him, till four children from this family began attending Bal Vikas classes. The whole family has changed and by Divine Grace, one day the father sent Prasadam to all the children in the Bal Vikas class. It came with a note that the Prasadam had been purchased with the money he had saved, by giving up his alcohol addiction. The lesson I learnt from this is that we should do our duty sincerely and leave the rest to Him. He will take care for He knows the best; What to do, How to do and When to do. 

2. As a member of the Bal Vikas Guru’s training team of Bihar, I had the opportunity of traveling all over Bihar for conducting training classes under the aegis of the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation. This gave me a unique opportunity to experience the Divine Love and Grace. Wherever we went, people welcomed us with Sairam on their lips. Witnessing such remote areas reverberating with ‘Sairam’ was an experience that cannot be expressed in words. In an age, where even a known person is looked upon as a stranger, getting such a warm welcome from unknown people of different cultures and speaking different languages is possible only in Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations and nowhere else in the world. He taught me a lesson that wherever we go He is there with us. 

3. The joy we got by working with the children who live on the railway platform in Jamshedpur is inexpressible. I learnt the lessons of selfless caring and sharing from these children, who though belonging to different parts of the country, treat each other as siblings. Many of them are orphans and live with one meal a day. My wife and I conduct health and hygiene lessons for them and give them good food to eat every week. 

I express my deepest gratitude to Bhagawan and His Organisation for giving me this unique opportunity to experience His Divine Grace. I sincerely pray that I may become a worthy instrument in His Divine Mission. I would like to conclude with a small poem. 

SRI SATHYA SAI - THE MANAGER DIVINE 

Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai is the Manager Divine in every sense. 

He is not just the Manager of one Company or two 
But the Manager of the entire Cosmos 
He is not just the Manager of one Department or two 
But of all Departments – Production, Finance and Marketing 

PRODUCTION

He produces not one or two products 
But everything below the sun and beyond 
His factories are not situated at one place or two 
But at every place where God’s glory is sung 
His production system is not batch or continuous 
But a novel one called instantaneous system 
His technology of production is never heard of 
For He produces just by a wave of His Hand 
The three stages in His production system are 
Radiation, Vibration and Materialisation 
His thought of producing things is Radiation 
Waving of Hands in circular motion is Vibration 
The object that is produced is Materialisation 

FINANCE 

Finance deals in giving and taking money 
Bhagawan gives and takes only Love 
He maintains the accounts of individual’s actions 
Based on the Universal Karmic Law 
His balance sheet has two entries 
The merit and the sin 
His accounts have no below the line adjustments 
As they are updated every moment 

MARKETING 

Companies market either products or services 
But Bhagawan markets spiritual concepts 
Products and services cater to life before death 
Bhagawan’s spiritual concepts cater to life after death 
He does not need any promotion or advertising 
Because they are the Universal Truths 
His concepts do not have any competition 
As they are unique and have universal appeal 

Verily Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai is the Manager Divine! Pranams at His Lotus Feet. 

- P.V. Krishnamohan
Student (1992-1994), Department of Management Studies
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam


1 comment:

Back to Top