Sri Sathya Sai: The Protector - By Sarthak Subidit Behera

Sri Sathya Sai 


“Why did we all come here?” This is the most common question that we all encounter. But is it correct to say that we have come here on our own? No. We are brought here by Him. It is because of His Divine will that we are all here. When I had joined the Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School in 2006, I came to know about many miracles that occurred in the lives of many people around the globe. That time I used to wonder whether Swami would grant me a wonderful experience of His Divinity. Little did I realize that the ever-merciful and benevolent Lord can go to any extent to protect us.  Swami granted me my wish. 

It happened in my XII class when I was studying in Swami’s school. I used to write a dairy about anything important happening during the course of the day. I usually wrote it after the night prayer. On this particular day, I did not have anything to write with and I was far away from my cupboard. So I asked my friend to throw a pencil or a pen towards me. He threw a pencil and said “catch.” While the pencil was flying towards me the power went out. And the lights were off. The pencil came straight and poked me in my left eye. The power was back on and the lights were back immediately. But I was not able to see anything with my left eye. I had been blinded.

Suddenly I realized that there was an excruciating pain in the eye and I panicked. I felt something coming out of my left eye. At that time I could think of doing nothing, but to chant the name of the Lord, our most beloved Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. My teachers immediately rushed me to the Sri Sathya Sai Super Specialty Hospital in Puttaparthi. The doctors examined the wound and said that an operation was necessary. They gave me a room and asked me to take rest. It is said that, “When one is in trouble, God comes closer." The same was the case with me. I prayed to Swami and chanted His name. The doctors informed me that the operation would be performed on the very next day. They told me all that was required to know, except the fact that my eye was severely injured and there was only less than twenty percent chance for me to see again with my left eye. I came to know about this much later.

On the next day, Swami was informed about this accident and being the embodiment of pure love, He sent Vibhuti for me. He had instructed the doctors to apply the Vibhuti on the injured eye before the surgery. The surgery was over but the doctors were not sure of my sight. “When worldly doctors fail the Divine Doctor takes over." After two days of surgery the impossible happened. I was then able to see a faint ray of light. This meant that I would be able to see in a few days time. Everything appeared like a dream to me. Neither I nor the doctors thought that I would regain my lost eye. It is Swami who had saved me. The most compassionate Lord has so much love for us, that it can’t be expressed but has to be experienced. 
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Puttaparthi
“Swami, I used to wonder why You have brought me here. And now I have got my answer. You have brought me here to bless me, guide me, transform and most importantly to protect me. I will cherish this miracle forever. I shall always remember that Your Divine grace always flows unto us wherever we are, at all times. I love you Swami."

"Sai’s love, it’s so wonderful,
Sai’s love it’s so wonderful,
O’ wonderful love.
It’s so high, we can't get above it
It’s so low, we can't get under it
It’s so wide, we can't get around it
O’ wonderful love,
Sai’s love, it’s so wonderful,
Sai’s love, it’s so wonderful,
Sai’s love it's so wonderful,
O’ wonderful love."


          - Sarthak Subidit Behera
Student (2008-2011), Department of Economics
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthi Nilayam Campus
Currently, PhD Student, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top